Great source of fiber, good fats, protein and nutrients.
You can make this snack to eat on the go.
What you will need:
1/2 bag of dry chick peas
Seasoning of your choice (stay away from salt based)
- Take 1/2 bag of dried chick peas and soak in the bottom of a pot with cold water overnight. (4-12 hours) This will decrease cooking time needed.
- Place in a pot with water and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling turn down heat and allow to simmer for 1 1/4 hr to 1 1/2 hours. Set a timer at 1 hr 15 minutes and check on chick peas.
- Once they are soft and edible, drain water and rinse with cold water.
- Take off excess water and add oil and seasoning of your choice to chick peas.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place seasoned chick peas on a cooking sheet and place in oven for 30-40 minutes or until crispy. Make sure to flip midway through cooking to prevent burning bottoms.
- Take out of oven. Allow to cool fully.
- Eat and enjoy!!!